Water Mitigation Bainbridge Island Is Damp a Problem For Oceanside Properties?
If you suspect water issues in your property, contact SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290.
If you Notice Damp Spots in your Home, Enlist Professional Water Mitigation Technicians for Bainbridge Island From SERVPRO to Reduce Expenses.
How does water harm a property?
Water spots or damp pockets may seem benign, but they can cause significant damage to your Bainbridge Island home without correct intervention. Water can enter the property after a period of heavy rainfall or as the result of a plumbing leak. Equally, temperature changes can lead to condensation inside the wall or ceiling cavities. Often these small regions of the home can spread outwards, causing unpleasant odors, weakening the structure, and staining paintwork or decor. What may appear as a surface issue could be a symptom of waterlogging inside wall cavities. These situations may worsen over time as microbial bacteria or fungi settle on wet areas of the home and proliferate rapidly. SERVPRO technicians can examine the area thoroughly to ensure that the necessary action is taken in time.
How can I find the extent of water intrusion?
Before conducting water mitigation in your Bainbridge Island Home, SERVPRO technicians use a range of measuring and detection equipment. This equipment may include thermal imaging cameras, boroscopes, meters, and sensors. During this scoping phase of water mitigation, our technicians are looking for any sign of migration as well as cavity damage. These measurements are essential to ensuring that our services are thorough and that your home does not suffer from secondary losses further down the line. While performing an inspection, our technicians enter findings into a digital inventory which can be passed onto your insurer at the end of service for a stress-free claim.
What special equipment is used for water mitigation?
• Drying mats or pads may be necessary for properties with hardwood floors and tiles
• Injectidry systems to ventilate wall cavities without causing significant harm to the wall
• Desiccant dehumidification to reduce the moisture content of solid, semi-porous materials
If you suspect water issues in your property, contact SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290.
What Should I Do When My Furniture Gets Wet After My Window Leaks During a Storm
Storms can cause flooding at any time. Call SERVPRO today.
For Food Damage Repair Inside Your Bainbridge Island Home Call SERVPRO
During this period, it is likely that the Bainbridge Island region will see a significant amount of rainfall. During heavy rainstorms, your window seals could start leaking, or the wind can blow debris around that breaks your window and causes moisture to enter your dwelling.
Can my furniture get ruined if it gets wet?
During flood damage incidents in Bainbridge Island, our SERVPRO technicians always test your furniture for moisture because it can cause problems with your furniture. For example, if upholstered furniture like your couch gets wet, the moisture can cause your couch's wooden frame to lose its structural integrity.
If your furniture was affected by the storm, we can extract all of the liquid water from the upholstery and then dry it out using air movers and dehumidifiers. However, once fabric gets wet, it starts to attract soils. The water coming from the outdoors could be contaminated, so we must conduct cleaning and sanitizing procedures as a part of the restoration process.
How do you clean my furniture if it is dirty or contaminated?
- Hand Dry Cleaning- This method is used for delicate fabrics that could get ruined if wet cleaning or upholstery machines get used. The process involves spraying the affected piece of furniture with a dry solvent then wiping it, but it is only effective against light soil levels.
- Machine Dry Cleaning- For heavy soils that cannot be wet cleaned, we can use an upholstery machine to clean your furniture. This machine uses oil-based solvents to remove dirt particles from your furniture.
- Dry-Wet-Dry- This method is a combination of wet cleaning and drying cleaning and gets used when attempting to clean fabrics that will not be ruined by water-based solutions, but only oil-based solvents will dissolve the soils.
If your furniture ever gets wet when one of your windows leaks during a rainstorm, call SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290 24 hours a day.
More about Bainbridge Island.
Do You Know The Long-Term Effects Of Flood Damage In Bremerton?
Don't let the fear of long-term problems after flood damage get you down.
Bremerton Homeowners Should Stay Alert After Flood Damage
Homeowners in Bremerton already know that a storm can wreak havoc in their community and their home. No matter how carefully homeowners prepare, sometimes mother nature has her ideas, and a storm can arrive quickly and leave destruction in its wake.
Anyone unfortunate enough to suffer flood damage in Bremerton will be able to see the immediate effects. A storm-ravaged home is not a pleasant sight, and naturally, homeowners want to act quickly and get their home livable again as soon as possible.
The immediate damage from a storm is evident in broken windows, flooded rooms, soaked carpets, and waterlogged furniture and personal items. Taking care of the initial harm is a vital part of SERVPRO of Kitsap County's work. Remedying the initial harm after a flood is essential so that homeowners can return to their house and resume their lives as quickly as possible. However, local homeowners might not be aware that storm damage can have longer-lasting effects that they might not even notice, to begin with.
What are the long-term effects of flood damage?
SERVPRO wants our customers to be aware that storm damage has several unpleasant long-term effects:
• Undetected moisture can lead to unseen structural damage. Sometimes even when you clean up the initial water, moisture seeps into inconspicuous areas such as wooden beams or floors. If this moisture is left untreated, it can cause warping and rotting of structural elements such as wood and drywall.
• Flood damage often leaves behind unpleasant odors. Even after the initial cleanup, homeowners might notice lingering faint damp odors. Such smells are uncomfortable to live with and can indicate an unresolved mold issue.
• Hidden moisture damage can lead to mold growth throughout your home. Mold is harmful to your health and the health of your family.
• There is even a risk that the value of your home will drop. If problems are left unchecked after storm damage, you could see your home devalued, making it difficult to sell.
The risk of longer-term problems has a psychological effect, too. It's stressful if you are worried about your house and whether you might one day discover hidden mold or damp patches. Professional cleaning reassures you and saves you from such worries.
What can you do to mitigate the long-term effects?
The very best way to avoid long-term effects after storm damage is to call in the professionals. SERVPRO trains our technicians to assess both the visible damage and the potential for hidden damage in your home after a flood.
Our teams come with a range of powerful, professional equipment that helps us dry and restore your home much more thoroughly than you could do alone. Calling for professional assistance as early as you can is an investment in your home's long-term security and value.
How can SERVPRO help with hidden damage?
SERVPRO teams know precisely what to look for when we arrive at the scene of a flood-damaged home. We designed our process to restore your home as fully as possible and dramatically lessen the risk of ongoing problems:
• We assess your house carefully and draw up a plan that fits your situation.
• We extract water using powerful pumps and vacuums that are more effective than any DIY solutions, which means better water removal than you could do by yourself.
• We use air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out your home and belongings. We train our technicians in the best placement of units and best practices for maximum dehumidification. This thorough drying process helps prevent mold growth or structural weakness from hidden moisture.
• We deodorize your home. We understand how distressing it is when your home smells damp after flood damage. That's why our teams take the time to remove lingering damp odors and leave your house smelling like it should once more.
• We clean your storm-damaged belongings. Cleaning each item is essential because individual items can, if left untended, become breeding grounds for mold. SERVPRO teams use a range of cleaning procedures to cleanse personal items.
• We take care of structural repairs. Some cleanup services remove visible water and damp spots but don't take care of your home structure. We make repairs to the structure as needed, so you can rest assured your house is secure.
Professional cleanup is the quickest way to restore your house after water ingress and make sure you don't face problems further down the road. We suggest getting in touch as soon as you can – the faster you call us, the faster we can get to work.
Don't let the fear of long-term problems after flood damage get you down. Instead, call SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290 for immediate assistance.
What Is the Best Way to Get Water Out of My Home?
SERVPRO says that cleaning and drying are segments of storm damage restoration for our Bremerton neighbors
Bring in SERVPRO Restoration Teams to Clean and Dry Your Bremerton Home
Storms are common at this time of year in our Bremerton area. High winds are usually a limited threat, with the water flooding inside being the primary source of damage.
Why is Floodwater More Damaging than Water from A Split Washing Machine Hose?
Bremerton flood damage is worse for a home because it contains a sample of everything that the water crossed before it entered your home. SERVPRO technicians know that they have to spend additional time and resources cleaning up after the dirty water and removing any debris it carried inside.
How Much Cleaning Is Needed in My Home?
Floodwater can contain soil, animal waste, weed killer, and far more. Fortunately, our technicians have access to an extensive inventory of cleaning agents designed for every type of contaminant that might find its way into your home.
As part of cleaning, our technicians also have access to an extensive equipment inventory as well. Technicians use commercial-grade vacuums to remove contaminants from carpets before disposal and off of linoleum and wood flooring to clear them for cleaning. How much and how long depends on the amount of contamination left behind by the floodwater.
What About Items Like Upholstered Furniture?
SERVPRO technicians can clean and dry those as well. They can use injectors to force a cleaning agent directly into a stain on a piece of furniture and avoid the risk of affecting the color of the rest of the fabric. Technicians also have access to devices which generate a heated, particle cloud of cleaning agent that can penetrate deeply into a sofa or recliner, attacking and neutralizing the contaminate. These devices are also very useful in eliminating odors.
To get the residential restoration process started here or on Bainbridge Island, call SERVPRO of Kitsap County today at (360) 373-1290. We are here for you.
What Type of Water Damage in Bremerton Does SERVPRO Handle?
Water damage can quickly overtake your laundry room. Contact the certified technicians at SERVPRO to dry out your home.
No Water Catastrophe to Your Home in Bremerton is too Big for Our Experts
Many types of water damage can occur in residential homes in Bremerton. The technique and equipment used will vary depending on the source of the water loss and how bad it is. Rest assured, we have the right equipment to get the job done and leave it “Like it never even happened.”
What are the leading causes of water loss in a home?
When water loss occurs it can leave problems that may seem small but can lead to big problems later. Our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) technicians work hard to clean and restore all types of flooding. Typical water removal scenarios in Bremerton include:
- Water Fixture Overflow – this can be from a faucet, pipe, or other types of fixtures that do not release massive amounts of water. The water buildup tends to be minimal.
- Single Room Flooding – The depth of the water in a single room can include several variables that will determine how the water is extracted, such as the room size and content
- Home Flooding – This would be in the wake of a catastrophe that causes submersion of the entire home or large sections.
- Basement Flooding – Mild water loss may occur from seepage or broken pipes. More severe flooding can occur from things like floodwater.
Bring on The Pumps!
SERVPRO handles each of those situations with different water removal techniques. All of those call for immediate mitigation to avoid permanent damage. Here are some water extraction methods:
- Truck Mounted Extractors – used for basement and extensive home flooding. We have trucks that can remove approximately 36,000 gallons of water a day. If needed, we can call in multiple trucks.
- Portable Extractor or Pump – Used in some basement flooding and often in single room flooding. These are also used in water fixture overflows.
The pumps are just the beginning of water removal to restore your residence. Contact SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290 for quality water removal service that is Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here to learn more about Bremerton.
How Can I Handle This Mold Growth in My Bainbridge Island Store?
Out of all of the mold removal companies in the area, you can count on SERVPRO of Kitsap County to get the job done.
Mold Removal Companies Such as Our Team at SERVPRO Can Fight the Infestation at Your Bainbridge Island Store
There are times when damp or wet conditions in the Bainbridge Island area start to impact your place of business. The risk of the onset of mold and mildew is high at certain times of the year, so you need to address it promptly and efficiently. Any area of your business that is difficult to keep dry has the potential for mold development. However, SERVPRO has proven techniques and products that allow us to get it cleaned up for you quickly.
Can’t I Clean the Mold on My Own?
Calling mold removal companies in Bainbridge Island like SERVPRO gets you high-quality and long-lasting results. Our team makes sure that we not only clean up the mold, but we can protect your business property from taking on further damage. When you hire us, you can expect:
• A crew featuring applied microbial remediation technicians with ample training to removal colonies
• The identification of all penetration points where moisture is coming into your business
• Best practices for safely working through all remediation efforts
• The use of EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants
• Utilization of full personal protective equipment (PPE) protects our crew and keeps contamination from moving into other areas of your business
Why is Mold Cause for Concern?
The main reason for concern is that the onset of mold can cause health effects. Our team understands how mold develops and precisely what to do once we find it. This includes taking a look at indoor air quality (IAQ) to see if something is causing the levels of relative humidity to rise.
How Can You Be Sure You Found All Areas Containing Mold?
Cleaning mold damage means further cleaning of a broader area beyond the portion of your business that has been affected. Mold spores often float throughout the air; they are microscopic and can enter into your business through doors, windows, your HVAC system, and more. Even if you hire a cleaning crew that tackles surface cleaning to various areas, there can still be mold spores present. Given the ideal situation, this mold begins to multiply and turns into a much bigger problem.
When we assess your building for mold, these are some of the elements that we cover:
• Are there any musty, strong odors indicating mold is present?
• Are there visible signs of mold contamination?
• Have there been issues with mold in the past?
• Is mold present in the HVAC system?
• When was mold first flagged as a concern?
It is also important that we contain the issue after we determine all areas where mold is detected. This ensures that it does not move from one area of your store to the next. This is done by:
• Containment barriers put in place with the help of plastic sheeting
• Negative air pressure used in the contaminated area
• Designing “clean rooms” that our team can use for decontamination purposes
• Sealing off HVAC vents to keep contaminants from moving through the ducts
Will Anything Be Disposed Of?
We must determine not only the type of mold but also the impact it has had on non-porous and porous materials within your business. Non-porous materials can be cleaned easily, while porous materials that have visible signs of mold usually get removed and disposed of.
Non-Porous materials include:
Porous materials include:
For cleaning of visible mold, our team may vacuum various materials to help loosen fragments followed by agitation for removal. Non-nonporous materials with a dry surface can get cleaned with HEPA vacuuming. We can also use damp-wiping methods with a detergent solution. If there has been a lengthy, massive exposure to mold, wooden materials might have to be removed entirely if structural integrity is compromised.
It mold colonies have disrupted the structural integrity of the building, our AMRT-applied microbial remediation technicians can attempt to mitigate the mold damage along with any required demolition. How? We can use media blasting--in this connotation--baking soda or dry ice pellets to use pressure to abraid the growths from raw materials like sheathing and trusses. We understand the need to minimize the commercial routines of the business.
Our team ensures your business interior is not only dry, but we also take the time to thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces. Out of all of the mold removal companies in the area, you can count on SERVPRO of Kitsap County to get the job done. Call us at (360) 373-1290 to have a team deployed so that we can get to work.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Bremerton, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Kitsap County today at (360) 373-1290 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Can I Tell if Water Damage is Developing in My Bremerton Home?
Call SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290 if you would like a team to come out and assess the water damage in your home.
SERVPRO Can Locate All Moisture Intrusion and Water Damage Throughout Your Bremerton Home
Whether a large amount of water spilled somewhere or there is a hidden pipe with a slow leak, unaddressed moisture brings substantial damage to your home. It is vital that you not only can find the source of the damage but also have a team on your side to restore your Bremerton home. SERVPRO is available to address primary damage, but we also ensure that any secondary damage is located and cleaned up to keep mold and mildew from setting in.
What Are Some of the Types of Damage I Need to Worry About?
When dealing with water damage in Bremerton, you need to know that moisture impacts various materials in different ways. This depends on the type of material, how much water/moisture is present, and how long the materials have been exposed. Some of the common types of primary and secondary damages in and around the water loss zone include:
• Soiling on various surfaces
• Wet building materials and contents
• Buckling or warping of wood
• Development of mold
What if the Carpet in My Home is Saturated?
If the water damage in your home is clean water from a tub that overflowed or a slow-leaking pipe, our team begins by extracting moisture from the carpet. It is never a good idea to wait for the carpet to dry naturally, even if you try to ventilate the room with fans or a dehumidifier. We use light wands and rovers (weighted extractors) that help us to pull out as much moisture from the carpets as possible. Instead of having to pull up the carpet, we do whatever possible to use in-place drying methods.
Why is In-Place Drying Best?
Whenever possible, removing water with in-place drying allows us to dry the water loss zone without excessive disruption efficiently. This drying must take place quickly, and our skilled technicians follow a strict protocol that helps prevent water from migrating further. In-place drying works by:
• Using a wanded extractor and performing several initial passes to halt water from migrating into dry carpet areas.
• Using weighted extractors to help squeeze water from the carpet and the padding below.
• Starting in the center of the room, moving outward to extract water, moving any furnishings as needed.
• Continuously monitoring progress and testing carpeting and padding to determine water content.
With in-place drying methods, our crew can keep the furniture in the rooms being treated. This avoids the added time to pack pieces up to move out for mitigation. This process also helps to ensure that the carpet is at a lower risk of stretching, tearing, and delaminating. Our skilled team takes the time to deliver a dry, clean result while under the best possible conditions. This cuts back on the potential for having to replace your floor coverings.
What About Other Belongings in My Home?
Several factors determine whether or not various belongings within your home can be salvaged or not. Permeance and porosity play a significant role when helping our team determine not only the potential of saving certain materials but also how to address the cleanup and restoration of them. We often group things into several categories, which are:
• Porous Materials: These materials require immediate attention and have a higher permeance rating. Porous items and building materials absorb water fast and are prone to rapid deterioration.
• Semi-Porous Materials: These are mid-level materials in term of permeance, which includes rood, bricks, and OSB board. It can take longer to pull moisture out of these materials.
• Non-Porous Materials: These items absorb little to no water. However, if left long enough for the water to take hold, it can take a very long time to pull water from these items.
Throughout your interior, multi-layers of porosity and permeance pose a challenge for drying. Whenever faced with absorption differences, our skilled water damage technicians have the training and equipment necessary to address them. We utilize a variety of specialty drying tools, air movers, extractors, and dehumidifiers to work on bringing down the moisture levels and relative humidity throughout your home.
What if it is Too Late To Salvage Materials?
Sometimes, even with our best effort, some severe damage may come from the water loss incident. Issues like cupping or buckling of your wooden floors or staining to your carpets and furnishings can happen from time to time. SERVPRO team members assess the level of damage to determine if any other measures can be taken or if full removal and replacement are required. We can perform controlled demolition of damaged drywall, replace subfloor, and have new carpeting installed.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster! Call SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290 if you would like a team to come out and assess the water damage in your home.
How Seriously Should We Consider Water Removal from Our Bremerton Auto Dealership?
Don’t let water damage interrupt business at your car dealership. SERVPRO is on standby ready to restore!
Calling Your Local SERVPRO to Handle the Process Should Help Eliminate Any Doubts You Have About Your Response Plan
The water released from a burst water pipe or other sudden water intrusions at your auto shop may not be a threat to the cars or accessories that you sell. However, it can still cause significant problems that interfere with the business.
Can water removal prevent problems?
The typical reason for water removal in Bremerton business premises is to deal with noticeable problems like:
• Slippery surfaces
• Wet upholstery
• Widespread soiling of surfaces and items
However, timely removal preempts severe problems that develop from moisture migration or microbial growth. The layout of the auto dealership, with vast open spaces and hard floor surfaces such as tiles or concrete, favors removal through extraction or mopping. Our SERVPRO technicians can help expedite the process because we have a wide variety of equipment.
Why do I need help with water removal?
Apart from speedy removal of water from your premises, other reasons can force you to seek help including:
• Removing water trapped in fixtures such as recessed lighting
• Cleaning and drying wet upholstery
• Removing water beneath flooring materials
In case the water spill originates from the ceiling or a room on the upper floor, some of it might find a way into fixtures such as lighting systems or even air ducts. Such cases require distinctive skill sets to complete the removal. Our SERVPRO technicians can disassemble lighting systems safely to remove trapped water. In the ducts case, we can drill holes to drain the water safely and then repair the ducts.
Wet upholstery presents many problems, including difficult drying, staining, and even physical changes when water causes constituent parts to swell or deteriorates the glue holding some parts together. Our team has specialized upholstery-cleaning equipment. We can also use advanced approaches such as drying chambers to control the drying process.
It is easier to manage water spills with assistance from SERVPRO of Kitsap County. Call us at (360) 373-1290 to manage any incident, "Like it never even happened."
More about Bremerton.
What Should I Do When My Hard Floors In My Bremerton Home Get Wet After A Flood?
When the floors inside your house get affected by moisture, it is wise to call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO Can Help you Dry Out the Hard Floors Inside your Bremerton Home
When water enters your home after a severe thunderstorm, it can follow gravity and cause you problems with the hard floors inside your house like your garage floor. Most flood damage situations require having to extract and dry out floors inside your building that got wet. When dealing with hard non-porous floors, our SERVPRO technicians can change their mitigation techniques depending on the type of floor affected.
How does moisture affect my concrete floors?
• Painted concrete floors can chip or blister after you suffer from flood damage inside your Bremerton home.
• Since concrete floors are porous, water can wick up and leave behind calcium-like deposits that can be swept off.
• Dirt or surface film can be the source for mold growth, so we can use a HEPA vacuum to clean up the surface.
What can water do to my asphalt and vinyl tiles?
• White, chalky residues can form from the separation of sealer wax or finish from the floor itself.
• If the glue on the tiles contains asbestos, then they might have to be removed by a certified asbestos removal contractor.
• Vinyl tiles can come loose if enough moisture is involved, and a section of the floor could have to be removed.
• Moisture can leak underneath the tile and cause your subfloor to deteriorate, making the tiles lose. If possible, we can dry the subfloor from an area underneath it.
What happens when my ceramic tiles get wet?
Ceramic tiles and grouted joints are usually waterproofed when they are installed on top of the plywood. However, if there are any cracks on the ceramic tiles, the moisture can leak underneath it. In most cases, the tiles themselves will not be negatively affected, but the subfloor underneath could warp and become damaged.
When the floors inside your house in Silverdale or Bangor Base get affected by moisture, it is wise to call SERVPRO of Kitsap County at (360) 373-1290.
For more about Bremerton click here.