The Furry Family Members Safety
Now there's an easier way to take care of your furry family members.
The American Red Cross Pet First Aid app includes veterinary advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. The app includes videos, interactive quizzes and simple step by step advice for what you need to know and how to act when the event arises that your pet needs you.
- Pet profile for storing ID tag information, a photo and medical information.
- Earl warning signs for when to contact a veterinarian.
- An animal hospital locator.
- How to include pets in an emergency preparedness plan.
Here are some important point to remember about your pets preparedness plans.
- Make sure your dogs and cats are wearing securely fastened collars with up to date identification.
- Prepare a list of contacts (friends, relatives, boarding facilities, animal shelters, or veterinarian) who can care for your animals in an emergency.
- Include your pets in evacuation drills so they become used to entering and traveling in their carriers easily.
- Double check that your pets vaccinations are up to date and keep those records in an easily accessible place.
With these tips and the First Pet Aid app, you and your furry family members will definitely be more prepared for any kind of emergency.
And remember, if the situation isn't safe for you, it definitely isn't safe for them either.