What is Lurking in Your Ducts?
The ventilation system in buildings is often the biggest culprit of poor indoor air quality. Setting aside time every year to inspect the ductwork in your home or business should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, and contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
One of SERVPRO of Kitsap County's services include cleaning the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which in turn may save you money.
SERVPRO of Kitsap County's Duct cleaning process includes:
- Using our patented equipment, such as a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of air debris.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor or dirt.
In some circumstances such as after a fire, after significant smoke damage, or mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the restoration process. In these cases, your SERVPRO of Kitsap County technicians can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.